Return to School in the COVID-19 Era - Student Athletics Issues (Part 3)
Host Sloan Simmons talks with Lozano Smith attorneys Ruth Mendyk and Chelsea Olson Murphy about the latest developments on COVID-19 and student athletics, with a focus on the most recent guidance from the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), as well as other state public health directives and guidance heading into the 2020-2021 school year.
Show Notes & References
- 1:56 - California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Guidance (July 20, 2020)
- 5:24 - 2020-21 Seasons of Sports and Calendar Dates
- 7:17 - Participation and Competition With Outside Teams
- 9:56 - Thirty day waiver for physical examinations for CIF participation in fall sports (Client News Brief 53: July 2020)
- 11:18 - Waivers and Notices
- 13:42 - K-8 and unified school district sports programs
- 15:26 - Coaches and employment issues
- 18:53 - Summer athletic activities
As the information contained herein is necessarily general, its application to a particular set of facts and circumstances may vary. For this reason, this News Brief does not constitute legal advice. We recommend that you consult with your counsel prior to acting on the information contained herein.