Return to School in the COVID-19 Era - Special Education Issues (Part 2)
Host Sloan Simmons talks with Lozano Smith Special Education Practice Group leaders Marcy Gutierrez and Alyssa Bivins about the latest developments on COVID-19 and special education, with a focus on Senate Bill 98 and the most recent state and federal directives and guidance heading into the 2020-2021 school year.
Show Notes & References
- 1:40 - California Department of Public Health Guidance (July 17, 2020)
- 2:13 - Senate Bill (SB) 98
- 2:25 - Emergency Plans and IEPs
- 10:00 - Impact of extended school closures
- 11:34 - Instructional Minutes
- 13:29 - Masks
- 15:18 - In-Person vs. Distance Learning
- 17:45 - Compensatory Education
As the information contained herein is necessarily general, its application to a particular set of facts and circumstances may vary. For this reason, this News Brief does not constitute legal advice. We recommend that you consult with your counsel prior to acting on the information contained herein.