DetailsThis online training breaks down the new regulations and focuses on the implementation and handling of both employee and student Title IX complaints by K-12 school districts. Designed to meet significant requirements for your entire Title IX team, we are providing a streamlined step-by-step investigative process, tailored to Title IX issues. This training is ideal for district staff involved in every stage of Title IX issues, and especially for those who missed the first two trainings in 2020.
Featured Focuses and Topics:
- Legal authorities and guidance
- Understanding the scope of sexual harassment under Title IX
- Considerations for evaluating and updating Title IX policies
- Mandated Title IX notice requirements for students and employees
- Roles and responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinator, decision-maker, investigator, and all employees
- Supportive and corrective measures for the victims and the accused
- Procedures for dismissing and processing complaints, as well as options for informal resolution
- Emergency removal procedures for students
- Timelines and investigation procedures and strategies
- Determinations, resolution processes, and appeal rights
- New recordkeeping requirements
125/person* for groups of 4 or more
Individualized district trainings are available. Please contact Lozano Smith's Client Services Team for information regarding training options dedicated to the unique needs of your specific team.
Who Should AttendAdministrators (Including Human Resources and Student Services), Title IX Coordinators, Equity Officers, Investigators, Decision-makers, Principals, Assistant Principals, and any employees who facilitate the informal resolution process.
BillingLozano Smith does not require a Purchase Order to confirm registration for this event. All attendees will receive an invoice that can be submitted to your Accounts Payable department.
Please contact Lozano Smith's accounting department to process credit card information. The department can be reached at 1.800.445.9430.
Cancellations will be accepted for a full refund, until one week prior to the event (February 24, 2021). Cancellations will not be accepted after this date. If you are unable to attend you will have the option to send a substitute in your place or receive workshop materials after the event. Please contact email@example.com to request event materials if you are unable to attend.
*One device per registration
This event is reserved for school district or public agency employees only. Please contact Client Services for more information.