Details• An In-Depth Look at the Unique Issues Related to Graduating and Exiting Students from Special Education in the Age of COVID.
• While graduation and the resulting exit from special education should be a joyous occasion, the COVID-19 pandemic has given rise to a host of novel issues affecting students with disabilities expecting to graduate, and others who may have been on their way to an exit from special education.
• Have the student's skills regressed during distance learning?
• Should we even consider exiting a student during the pandemic?
• Is additional assessment necessary?
• What if the district and parent disagree on whether the student has met graduation criteria, or no longer qualifies for special education?
• In this session, we'll answer the questions and discuss what additional considerations must be made when graduating/exiting students, given the unprecedented shift from in-person to distance learning.
This event is reserved for school district or public agency employees only. Please contact Client Services for more information.